- The main artwork requirement is always save your files in print-ready, uneditable file formats such as JPG, TIFF or PNG.
- Do not use layers; please reduce everything to the background layer / flatten the image before sending
- We accept RGB files and print using RGB inks. If your files are in CMYK mode, please convert them to RGB before sending them through to us. The best colour profile to use for this is sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
- RGB has a much wider colour range than CMYK, and since we use a 12-colour machine we have the valuable addition of RGB inks at our disposal, as well as the regular CMYK inks.
BLACK AND WHITE
- Thanks to our 12-colour capable machine (which contains no less than 4 different types of black ink), we can print true black and white rather than lesser printers that often produce a colour cast on b&w prints by approximating the greys using colour-balanced ink loads.
- If you want to print in true black and white, please set up your artwork to a greyscale profile, and let us know you’d like true black and white in your instructions.
- Ideally, 300 dpi at your desired print size, although the higher the resolution, the better the printing quality. Don’t worry if your resolution isn’t high enough – with our professional interpolation (enlarging) software we can enlarge the size of prints with minimum loss of quality.
- You can either size your images to the specific size you want yourself before sending them to print, or if you’d like to take advantage of our professional-grade interpolation (enlarging) software, then we can enlarge your images for you providing they are set up to the correct aspect ratio (length vs width), at the highest available resolution.
- Our printers do not apply any sharpening by default so artwork should be pre-sharpened in your image editing software. We do, however, have professional-grade sharpening software at the pre-press stage, so if you would like us to add sharpening to your image, please just let us know.
- We are able to produce giclée prints up to A1 or 24 inches
If you are not sure of the quality of your picture we can also photograph it or scan it in our studio. Please check our Artwork Reproduction link.