- The main artwork requirement is to save your files in print-ready, un-editable file formats such as JPG, TIFF or PNG.
- Do not keep layers; please reduce everything to the background layer/flatten the image.
- We accept RGB files and print using RGB inks. Please convert CMYK files to RGB mode before sending them across.
- The best colour profile to use is RGB IEC61966-2.1.
- RGB has a much wider colour range than CMYK, and since we use a 12-colour machine we have the valuable addition of RGB inks at our disposal, as well as the regular CMYK inks.
BLACK AND WHITE
- Thanks to our 12-colour capable machine (which contains no less than 4 different types of black ink), we can print true black and white rather than lesser printers that often produce a colour cast on b&w prints by approximating the greys using colour-balanced ink loads.
- If you want to print in true black and white, please set up your artwork to a greyscale profile, and let us know you’d like true black and white in your instructions.
- Ideally, 300 dpi at your desired print size. The higher the resolution, the better the printing quality. Don’t worry if your resolution isn’t high enough – please send what you have an ask how far we can enlarge with minimum loss of quality.
- You can either size your images to the specific size you want yourself before sending them to print, or we can enlarge your images for you providing they are set up to the correct aspect ratio (length vs width), at the highest available resolution.
- We do not apply any sharpening by default, so artwork should be pre-sharpened if required in your image editing software. If you would like us to add sharpening to your image, please just let us know.
- We are able to produce giclée prints up to A1 or 24 inches
We always recommend the use of Wetransfer to send files without losing quality. If the files are over 2 GB we recommend to use a Google Drive shared folder instead.
For any help needed with sending files please drop us a message or give us a call and we will assist you with the process.
If you are not sure of the quality of your image, we can photograph it in our studio. Please check our Artwork Reproduction link.